Experienced intermediaries, at the height of their careers, can decide to brave it alone or continue working for a financial services provider.
As an experienced intermediary you may want to start your own business. Extensive industry and product knowledge and a good client base will give you a sound basis for this but you are equally aware of the difficulties and risks that start-ups face.
Franchising could be the solution.
Franchising leverages the confidence consumers have in big, established brands to provide credibility to small businesses. The principal benefit is that a small company is seen to be backed by a major brand, providing customers with the confidence that the business is credible, its products sound and the service will meet certain standards.
The franchise operates under the Old Mutual Financial Services Provider Licence and is given a mandate to distribute Old Mutual’s products. Agency Franchise Division will help get the Franchise Service Provider business off the ground by working with the Franchise Principal to do a feasibility analysis and prepare a business plan. Using his or her own capital, the Principal then sets up an office that meets our specifications. Product training, operational training and support will continue to be provided.
- We are one of the largest well-established financial services provider in SA
- Over 170 years experience
- Strong operating performance across all businesses
- Good balance sheet position
- Strong financial flexibility
- Access to international capital markets
- Diversity of business
The sort of person who makes an ideal Franchise Principal is someone with life industry and investment experience, and who is entrepreneurial. In building and growing your own business you will need recruitment experience as well as experience in managing and motivating a sales force.
As a Franchise Principal you will be responsible to build your Franchise Service Provider business by recruiting and managing Franchise Agents..
- Entrepreneurial independence
- Operate under the Old Mutual FSP License
- Excellent service fee structure
- Premium increases attract monthly service fees
- Transparent contract
- Access to industry expertise and support
- Franchise Agent gets paid by Old Mutual directly
- Comprehensive business support
- Compliance requirements – costs shared
- Ongoing training for the Franchise
- Leading brand association
- Competitive product range
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the assurance industry.
- Leadership qualities.
- Energetic and a motivator.
- Have business acumen and the ability to grow and develop people.
- Have a strong network and recruitment skills.
- At least 12 months’ assurance selling experience.
- Your own vehicle.
- Comply with FAIS Requirements.
We will put you in touch with a Franchise Principal in your location of choice.
- Ongoing training and business support.
- Financial Planning and Advice tools.
- Operating under the Old Mutual Financial Service Provider License.
- Competitive and comprehensive product range.
- Compliance support.
- Marketing and sales support.
Franchise Distribution is a flat structured business unit. We have four Provincial General Managers (PGM’s) that oversee the operations of the four major regions. A central Head of Strategy and one General Manager (GM) that heads up the distribution channel. You can rest assured that you always have access to the management team should you require support. The other areas are national and regional support functions that are all working together to enhance your success. We are an energetic and innovative team with a strong focus on maintaining a winning culture.